Thursday 11 April 2013

The Outside of the House – What to do There?



Have you ever thought about the outside of your house? I’m sure that most of us usually think only about the inside, the outside doesn’t matter much, since it is not the area where we spend most of our time. And let’s face it, most of us don’t really have the time to worry about the outside aesthetics of our house, we have enough troubles with the inside. Plus when you take into account our jobs, our families, and so many other things, nobody really has the time for the aesthetics of the outdoor part of our homes. Besides that, when you have guests, they’ll be spending most of the time inside, complimenting you on the looks of your living room, kitchen and whatever – they don’t care much for the outdoors. Hell, most people don’t even look at it when they come over. Sure, the occasional passerby will notice it, but who cares about strangers?

Maybe I have a more practical look on things such as these, but you can’t deny that you don’t have the time for the aesthetics of everything. Then again, I can go too far with the whole “pragmatism over aesthetics” thing, so I will try to be more flexible, and I’m not an idiot, I do like pretty things, we all do, that is why they are called pretty. The word would lose its meaning if we didn't like something that’s pretty. But I am not here to debate semantics or syntax or whatever, I’m here for you and your homes. Because no matter how much I hate to deal with the looks of things, but house redecoration is important and it has to be done at least once. By this, I mean that you need to take care of the outside look of your house, at least once in your life. So let that one time be now! And let me help you with it. Or, at least give me a chance. It can’t hurt...



I've been good at telling how unnecessary it is, but is it really like that? On the whole, it might be, but not if you do it once. That one time, it can’t hurt and most importantly, it’ll do you good. You’ll feel better knowing that everything is pretty on the outside as well. Who knows, you might need to sell the whole place at some time in your future, so it will be good if the place was pretty because, unfortunately, people do judge the book by its covers. And I hate to burst your bubble, but the love of your life didn’t go out with you for the first time because he or she liked you for who you are (how the hell can anyone know anyone before even meeting them!?) but because he or she liked the way you looked! That’s right, because of the looks, you little romantic...

Besides all that, it also can’t hurt for the occasional passerby to marvel at your house, even though you don’t care for them. This way, it might make them jealous, or even better, it might make your neighbors jealous! It’s bad to want your neighbors to be jealous of you, but it still feels so good – damn this wonderfully destructive emotion...

I’m becoming to negative and repulsive even to myself, so let’s move to on pretty things - like the way you can decorate your exterior. Since I mentioned pretty, one of the things that came to my mind is art. So, how to incorporate art with the outside of your house? Luckily for you, I have found the way recently... It’s not like I discovered this or whatever, I was only surfing the internet and I stumbled upon this little thing which seems to have come in handy just about now. This is one of those good moments, the little coincident that turns out to be great for you. I accidentally saw something which came in handy a few days later. Very nice, very nice indeed...



Anyway, the things are mosaic tiles. These are a work of art, and you can have them anywhere, the bathroom, the kitchen, and even on the walls of your pool. But I was thinking of the outside of your house, and I’m sure that many people have them on the outside, but they usually have simple tiles, not the mosaic ones. And the mosaic ones are the ones you really want for the exterior, trust me. You don’t know me, so why would you trust me... but trust me on this, because, I don’t know, just trust me – you won’t regret it!

So, imagine using these mosaic tiles to create a pattern somewhere outside, or even a picture! How many people do you know that have these? Not many, I’m sure. You should try being innovative and creative and you should have something new – it will distinguish you from the rest, make you unique, and who doesn’t want that? Don’t answer, but think about it.

Many options you will have for this (I sound like Yoda). Stone tiles are the most usual choice I guess, but you don’t need to be usual like I said, so try mixing stone and glass, or something new like that. You can go with wood, if by some off chance your house is made of it. All are mosaics, which makes them special and thus different. More importantly, they make your home special and different. Some other choices would include marble, which is much better than stone, since marble is often described as an upgraded version of stone, and that can only mean that it is better.

These are not the only choices, there are many more. It’s up to you to choose and make the exterior of your house something that is desired by many. I will say again – you have to do it only once! After that, each and every time you go into your garden, sit in a comfortable chair, drink your whisky and exhale, you will know that what you did was the right move.

No comments:

Post a Comment